Friday, June 4, 2010

6

Today I’m going to talk you about Sir Ken Robinson’s talk called “Do Schools Kill Creativity”, and my opinion about the matter. This talk is about how the current system of education stopped the development of creativity, that for Ken Robinson, is an innate quality that all the humans have. This matter he related to thing like music, dance and art, all in a very funny way.
I think that really the school kills creativity, but is a problem that involves many types of “schools”. Is not only the primary school, I think that the first incentives that we received in our families since we born are very important in the future, especially when we will have to confront to the school and the ways that this institution have for kills this quality. I know about the power of the school like an institution with a lot of authority, and how that it forms the kid character in her bases. However, I think that the kid comes to school with things that will be more or less reinforced, it depends of his first year and incentives. And, even this things in the kid character aren’t forms yet (the schools will finish – in part – the work), this first incentives “will pronounce sentences” in the future.
The problem with the teachers and the antiquated way to teach that they still have is other subject. In fact, is a big subject of discussion that Ken Robinson refers in his talk.
Well, that is all. I expect that you could understand my idea about the matter.
Regards for all!

1 comment:

  1. I think that the curent problem answer to an ancient previous problem, we don't understand kid's capacities and the old way to teach don't are aware of that.

    ReplyDelete